IT Service & Support Lead £35000.0 – £40000.0 per annum
Manchester city centre
It’s all systems go at the Co-op. Quite literally. From updating how we keep track of the vehicles we have on the road, to completely overhauling our legacy systems, we’re always looking to improve the way we work. Our retail IT services team is right at the heart of our retail estate, providing and maintaining the systems and services that make it tick. Now we’re looking to recruit a talented IT Service & Support Lead to join the team, and take ownership of the centralised technologies that support our UK retail network. It’s an amazing opportunity to make a serious impact. And in return for your contribution to our success, we can offer you the chance to develop your skills and progress your career with a business that puts people at the heart of its strategy.
As an IT Service & Support Lead at the Co-op, we’ll look to you to proactively manage the service performance of all our support centre based retail technologies. The pace is fast. The technology is complex. But for an ambitious service management professional, this is a great chance to join our friendly, dynamic retail IT team, and make a massive contribution to improving Co-op problem management processes.
What you’ll do:
* Proactive and reactive problem management that’ll protect the enterprise applications supporting our food store estate
* Work to KPI’s and SLA’s to ensure problems are addressed in line with agreed service levels
* Raise and manage risks that impact the services we provide
* Drive service improvements that make a real difference to our support and store colleagues
* Lead and develop service professionals
To be successful as our IT Service & Support Lead, you’ll need extensive knowledge of enterprise tools, along with strong technical awareness and an understanding of how applications interact to make sure any new developments don’t compromise service. Being ITIL qualified would be a big advantage, but it’s not essential. What’s more important is your service management expertise. And if you’ve come from a technical background and moved in to service, and you can offer us previous retail experience, then we’d really love to speak to you…
What you’ll bring:
* A background in service continuity, problem management, change management and major incident management
* Technical understanding of enterprise tools
* The ability to lead a team and encourage a learning culture
* Strong stakeholder management skills, and the ability to influence people in the business
We’re going back to being Co-op.
172 years ago a group of businessmen in Rochdale created an idea that changed the world. They believed that when people work together, they’re stronger. And that principles are just as important as profits. They were pioneers. And they left us a legacy that’s never been more important or relevant than it is today.
That’s why we’re going back to being Co-op. We want to change the world all over again, and we hope you’d like to join us on our journey. If you believe in our purpose, and you’re keen to help shape the future of our growing retail business, then join us. And make a real contribution to the revival of an iconic British brand.