Innovation Exeter – establishing Exeter as a leading knowledge based economy attractive to the best talent and matching investment with success
Exeter is a major economic engine in the South West of England with a credible track record of growth even through recent difficult times. In the top 10 of growing cities and with its workforce having the lowest proportion with no qualifications in the UK, it has seen a step change in its economic performance. Growth is being pursued hand in hand with major housing, infrastructure and leisure projects to ensure successful and sustainable development of the city and its interdependent hinterland. The overall growth programme is geared to the creation of some 26,000 jobs over the next 10-12 years.
What has been clear is the importance of agility and public and private partners agreeing and working to a clear, comprehensive, proactive and responsive plan with frequent monitoring and a focus on risk mitigation. At the centre of the next stage in driving growth of the Exeter economy is Innovation Exeter, a programme aiming to create opportunities for business growth and higher paid employment through innovation and developing existing and potential business clusters. It will build on the area`s strengths in environment and data science, agri-tech, health and professional services. The programme will also aim to improve the working and living environment to support and enable transformational growth and raise productivity.
Innovation Exeter has six themes
- A brilliantly located science park with incubation and business support services and access to investment funds
- Research excellence to support innovation from the top 100 globally University of Exeter and other organisations such as the Met Office
- A focus on the area`s strengths, data analytics and exploitation of data including the Exeter City Futures initiative establishing the city and its surrounding area as an ideal test bed for evaluating the problems and challenges facing urban areas and their interdependent hinterland
- Strategic investment in skills to support innovation with data analytics a central theme for addressing these skills in schools, further and higher education and in the workforce.
- Investment in the local environment to support growth through coordinated housing, transport and local infrastructure development
- Maintaining a strong supportive partnership with an aligned investment strategy to maintain and improve the environment for business growth and investment
If you would like to be part of this exciting programme and the success of the city and discuss how we can help you achieve your ambitions then please contact Richard Ball – email@example.com